Monday, March 12, 2012

Forgotten Baby Syndrome: Another Excuse for Parents to avoid responsibility ...At least 600 Children have DIED since 1990 due to this Excuse

Image: On trial: Dr Karen Murphy, who forgot her son was in the car

During these hectic times, many things can slip your mind - but could you ever forget your own child?

Emma Taylor, 36, from Buckinghamshire, thought it was impossible, until it happened to her. Emma, who works in recruitment, is married to Tom, 41, a TV producer, and the couple have a three-year-old son, Josh.

‘Two years ago, Tom and I married in a beautiful church near our home,’ says Emma. ‘There was the usual flurry to get ready, and I dressed Josh up in a smart white frilly shirt and beige shorts ready to come with me to the church.

‘Chattering excitedly with my bridesmaids, I got into the car. As we arrived at the church, about ten miles from my house, I suddenly had the most awful sinking feeling. I’d forgotten Josh. I was utterly panic stricken. Read More
  • Mums-to-be often blame forgetfulness on ‘baby brain’, but studies show the brain’s capacity is unaltered by pregnancy
STATISTICS (Just US)
  • Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 2011: 33
  • Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 2010: 49
  • Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 1998-present: 527
  • Average number of U.S. child hyperthermia fatalities per year since 1998: 38

No comments:

Post a Comment