Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let's Talk Oscars!

The Oscars were last Sunday and I have to say almost everyone looked AMAZING. It was mostly all hits with just a few misses.

Some of my favorite looks were Natalie Portman. I loved her pink jewel tone dress and her smokey eyes using pinks and purples. She looked perfect.
Sarah Jessica Parker was another favorite. She was perfection with her princess dress, classic hair and she always makes her eyes pop. Loved it!
Penelope Cruz was very elegant and pretty. She was classic Penelope using browns and golds on her eyes and just defining it with liner and lashes. And her hair and dress made her look like a fairytale.Vanessa Hudgens I thought looked beautiful and sexy. She knows how to dress for her age keeping it young and sexy but still classy. Her smokey eye and red lip were perfectly suited for her black and white hour glass dress.
And then there was Angelina Jolie....what can I say....FLAWLESS. She kept it so simple but yet on her it looks incredible. Her makeup was very simple, a cat eye liner and lashes. Very minimal eyeshadow and she kept her skin very dewy. To complete the look, the green jewel tone jewellery was the ultimate finishing touch. "sigh" She's amazing.
Now for some misses....

Reese Witherspoon. I don't know what was going on with her. I didn't love her dress. Her hair was a little messy and her makeup.....let's just say it looked like she did it herself. You can match your eyeshadow to the color of your dress IF you do it right. In her case, it was all wrong.
Beyonce. I love Beyonce but I was not a fan of her Oscar look. The dress was too over the top, even for her. She didn't wear any jewellery and her makeup was left bare except for a cat eye liner on her top lid. I think she left all the focus on her dress but unfortunately her dress was more tacky than classy. Sorry Beyonce...I still love you!
Anne Hathaway. Anne Hathaway is beautiful but I wasn't a fan of her pale nude dress. I feel it washed her out especially since her skin is already quite pale.
Some other great looks:







No comments:

Post a Comment