Monday, February 9, 2009

To Prime or not to Prime - Do face Primers really work?

A common question that I get asked a lot is ‘Does Primer really work?’
Well I tell you this: before I discovered Primer, I don’t know what I did to keep my face fresh and my makeup intact throughout the day.

So what is face Primer and what does it do exactly?

Primer works much like a moisturizer: It’s applied before foundation all over the face. It eases the application of foundation and is meant to create a barrier between foundation and your skin.

It helps prevent skin from absorbing talc and pigment from your foundation as well as preventing talc from drawing oil from the skin.

Primers contain botanicals such as lavender, orange, jasmine, rose, geranium, grape, kiwi and aloe extracts which soothe and refresh the skin.

Other major benefits of Primers are:

  • They even out skin tone

  • They help makeup stay on longer

  • They keep makeup from melting in the heat

  • They absorb oil

  • They make skin soft

  • They fill in any wrinkles, minor cracks or holes in the face

  • They keep the chemicals in makeup from directly touching your skin.

  • And they allow foundation to “stay put” in hot weather.

So that’s the run down on Primers. They have many benefits that help take care of your skin and make your makeup application look better.

So ‘Do Face Primers Really Work?’ YES! If applying primer isn’t part of your daily makeup routine, I suggest starting ASAP!

Some of the top rated Primers on the market:

  • Laura Mercier’s Foundation Primer

  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

  • Paula Dorf Perfect Primer

  • Lorac Aquaprime oil-free Makeup Primer

  • CoverGirl Outlast Liquid Makeup

  • Benefit That Gal

  • MAC Prep+Prime Face Protect
If you have any other questions about Primers, send them to me and I’ll answer them.

Cheers!


Eman




No comments:

Post a Comment